Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (also known as PSTET) is led by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT). The Department of School Education, Punjab has given the duty to the council to lead the Punjab TET 2018. It is the state level entrance exam for the recruitment of teacher for class 1st to 8th class. Candidates who want to participate in the exam they must have to fulfil the eligibility criteria and also follow the guidelines. The board has released the PTET 2018 Official Notification and information brochure in the month of November 2018. Eligible candidates can get ready to fill the PSTET 2018 Application Form through online mode. It’s important to check the exam dates along with the exam syllabus and pattern.
The test is directed according to the standards set up by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). Candidate, who wishes to become a government teacher in Punjab at Primary or Elementary School, must have to give this examination. To apply for the test, candidates have to check all the mandatory details like eligibility, application form and exam dates etc. According to the latest news, the PSTET Exam 2018 will be scheduled in the 3rd week of February 2018. To appear in the exam, you need to apply online and pay the required fee payment.
PSTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Primary Stage (Class 1 to 5) – Candidates must be passed the 12th class or it’s similar from any recognized board with 50% marks and cleared or pursuing in the last year of:
- 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education
- 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education
- 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Or Those candidates will be eligible who scored the minimum 45% marks in 12th class or its corresponding exam. Candidates must have passed or pursued in the last year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Or You must have the graduation degree or pursuing the last year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Secondary Stage (Class 6 to 8) – Applicants, holding the graduation degree and cleared or pursuing the last year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, will be eligible.
- Or, Candidates should be graduation degree holder with at least 50% marks. They should pass or appear in one of the following programmes:
- One year B. Ed Programme
- One year B.Ed (Special Education)
- Or, Candidates must have graduation degree with 45% marks or pursuing the Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Or, Candidates must pass the 10 +2 or its correspondent course with minimum 50% mark or pursue the last year of either of the following:
- 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
PSTET 2018 Application Form
The application form can be filled through online mode only. The online form is starting from 2nd week of December 2018. Candidates can pay the application fee on or before the last date i.e. 3rd week of January 2019. Candidates can visit the official website to register online for PSTET 2018. You need to follow the guidelines which are mandatory to fill the online form. Candidates have to choose the exam i.e. Primary or Secondary. Candidates can fill the application form for Paper 1 & Paper 2. Paper 1 is conducting for Class 1st to 5th and paper 2 for 6th to 8th class.
Candidates have to pay the registration fee through online payment mode of Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking. They can choose to pay the fee through printing the Bank Challan also. Candidates are advised to keep mandatory things ready with them like scan copy of colour passport size photo and signature, details of Credit Card / Debit Card/Net Banking (if paying the fee through any of these) and qualifying degree documents. You can follow the below steps for online form filling:
PSTET 2018 Online Apply
- First, candidates can access the PSTET Official Website and click on “New Registration”.
- A webpage will appear & click on “Proceed” option.
- You need to fill the required details and click “Check Register Me”
- A webpage will show login details and keep those details with you for future use.
- Candidates can click “Click here” option and enter the registration number and password.
- Candidates must have to fill general profile and fill all the mandatory fields and then click “Update”.
- After that, a new webpage will open and click on “Upload Photo and Signature”.
- You need to upload your colour passport size photo and signature. Finally, candidates can click “Approve My Photo and Signature”.
- After that, candidates can click on the lock my application form and take a printout.
- Candidates can click on “Payment” and pay with your desired payment mode.
- After 24 hours of fee payment, you need to open your login page where your payment status is updated.
- Print the Confirmation Page and sign at the place given in it. It will be used in the future as a reference.
PSTET 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing in PSTET exam will get 90 minutes or 1 ½ hours for the test. The test contains 150 multiple choice questions in both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each question will contain 1 mark for the correct answer. It is very relieving news that there is no provision of negative marking against wrong answers.
Where Paper-1 exam questions are divided into 5 sections, Paper-2 exam questions will have 4 sections. You will get 30 MCQ in each section. They are advised to check the exam syllabus before starting the test preparations. It will be very helpful for them to get a good rank.
PSTET Syllabus 2018
Paper-1 (For class 1st to 5th) Syllabus- Candidates who want to become a teacher for the primary class they can prepare for the exam. So you need to download the exam syllabus for paper 1 and get the good marks.
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Environmental Studies (EVS)
PSTET 2018 Paper 2 Syllabus for class 6th to 8th- The numbers of candidates are appearing in the paper 2 for jobs in secondary schools. You can get the syllabus and prepare for the exam.
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Math and Science / Social Studies (SST) or Social Science
PSTET Admit Card 2018
Candidates who filled the application form for the exam they are waiting for the admit card. They can download the admit card from the official website by following the steps. The admit card contain date and place of examination along with guidelines to follow in the examination. Candidates must have to carry the print out copy of admit card while entering the exam centre. The board is uploading the admit card in the month of February 2019.
To download the admit card, firstly they have to visit educationrecruitmentboard.com and click on “PSTET Admit Card”. You need to enter your registration number and password in “Login for Registered User” section and click “Login”. The next screen will show the instruction link along with the admit card download option. Candidates should not forget to read the instructions before downloading the admit card.
Read More for Admit Card
PSTET 2018 Answer Key Download
Candidates, who are unsure about their given answers, generally look for the answer key. They can download the answer key from the official website to calculate their upcoming marks. For this, they have to visit the official website and click the option of which they want to download the answer key. After that, candidates can analysis the exam performance and also know how many marks he/ she will get in the exam. You can easily cross-check the marks by matching the answer. We always recommended downloading the PSTET 2018 Question Papers.
Punjab TET Result 2018
After downloading the answer key and cross-checking their answers, candidates wait for PSTET 2018 Results. The results are expected to announce in the month of April 2018. You need to follow the below steps to download the results:
- First of all, candidates can go through the website.
- Click “Result of PSTET” option in the News & Events section.
- Enter your Roll number and Date of Birth and then click “Search”.
- Your result will be displayed from where you can download it easily.